View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can you answer this question?

I am 35 years old and have been on SS disability for 8.5 years now. I applied the first time when I was around 27 and was approved in only 6 months due to some bad health problems.
I had no help really and honestly didn't know what I was doing. Now all these years later I realize that I should of filed my onset date for a year earlier than I did. Based on my earnings at the time I would have gotten a bigger disability check each month right now and I would probably have gotten some back pay.

I believe I actually became disabled when I was 25 years old but I didn't file until I turned 27 and I had listed 27 as when I became disabled.

I realize its been many years but would there be anyway to go back and try to get it adjusted or amended now? I'm sure there is probably a statue of limitations on amending your disability claims but I'm not sure where to find it.

I made more money when I was 21 years old then I did when I turned 22 and if social security went back 5 years to determine my disability amount then my current check would be bigger if I would of filed my onset date starting at age 25 instead of age 27.
Swgfanforlife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote