View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Wait till all the next round of tests are in....

before worrying about IVIG. For me, it was the spinal fluid test that clinched it. That is, in determining an auto-immune connection with the progression of my neuropathy. The IVIG stopped it and there have been teeny bits of improvement over the years using it.

Good places to start are at: www.igliving.com a publication put together by a distributor of IVIG w/support from manufacturers for patients and families using it. Start with the oldest issue features first and go to the current ones and you will get a head full of good info in a progressive sequence about it. IVIG is used to treat a LOT of auto-immune and hereditary conditions!
Other wise, just 'web' up IVIG and you'll find enought to boggle your mind.

As for insurance, it won't be given to Allan until all the paperwork hoops have been navigated! In my case, once I meet that old catastrophic annual deductable, and make the payments, it's all COVERED! Most insurances will cover providing the docs make the right case...if not, some financial aid is usually found thru the doc's or hospital staffs. The hoops are there as it's expensive stuff and it's not given willy-nilly experimentally.

Hope this helps as a starter - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote