View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Jo*mar....To answer your question I have absolutely no pain or weakness associated with the tingling. I'm glad that the only symptom I have is the tingling. In addition to sitting at a computer all day for work, I am a weightlifter, although I doubt my symptoms were from weightlifting because doing such an activity makes me feel better. I believe it has to do with sitting at a desk all day. To speak more to that point, I recently started working with a strength coach because I wanted to improve my lifting technique and to find ways to build more strength. When I had an initial consultation with him he noted a few problems. He said my shoulder girdle strength and flexibility was pathetic because I was sitting in a chair all day. He said if I didn't get that area up to par I could injury my shoulder doing certain lifts. So he's got me on a regimen to address the trapezius, rhomboids, rear deltoid, and triceps muscles. I'm hoping that greater strength in those areas will help to pull things back in line and reduce the tingling sensations, sort of counteracting the effects of a desk job. Another problem area he noted was that my hip flexors are tight because I can't squat down below parallel without bending way forward and losing balance.

Anyway, thanks for the links. I'll definitely be reseaching more about my issues. Also, I'm going to look into seeing a chiro. Pretty much can't get anywhere with my other docs.

Thanks again.
Joeybags73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-19-2010), Jomar (02-19-2010)