View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Awwww...Made me Cry

My 12 year old had to choose poems that interested him and then do an abstract on them. He was so sweet and couldn't even get through reading this to me without crying...I asked him how he was going to be able to do this in class and he said that maybe would help his grade
Of course I boo hooed.

Dogs
I chose dogs because of my past experiences with dogs. How they can cheer you up or be sad with you. How they will be your loyal partner no matter what the expense. I love watching dogs, especially at the dog park. It’s fun to identify how smaller the dog, the bigger the ego or inside strength.

My past dog, Bandido, was the most loyal dog ever. When you would even turn the key for the front door, you could hear him running as fast as he could to greet you. During his last few weeks, despite the pain his will to live was as much his desire to please even in his poor medical condition and past medical emergencies. Even on his last day, he made no fuss and got in his crate for the last trip to the vet…still eager to please.

My present dog Poochy is always so energetic and mischieveous. She pulls me on my scooter like a sled dog. Although sometimes a pain, she makes up for it in entertainment value. For example she buries Taquitos from Whataburger and kibble bits in the backyard and she buries Milkbones in the couch and in the pillows on our beds. She also eats pancakes and green beans, but not at the same time. We do feed her Science Diet, but she likes the other stuff better. She ate five pairs of my mom’s shoes one night and icicles off the patio furniture. When it was snowing hard, I took her for a walk and she had snowdrifts on her eyebrows.

I love Poochy and Bandido, just differently. Just like humans, there are different types. Some dogs are funny. Some dogs are loyal. Some dogs are mean. Some dogs are dumb. You will always have a friend if you have a dog.

Julie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote