View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maybe this will help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
This is just heartwrentching news!! As a Mom, this has to be so hard on you.. our children, we part the waters for them and you along with her are in such despair...I, too am with the advice with smile..Please, what do you have to lose by calling and ask if the Dr. can recommend getting her in for treatments..Dr's do have pull... In the mean time..ask the Dr. to also do some homework on your behalf to see and recommend an RSD Dr. in your area...if they can't help you then ask who can!!! Pronto! RSD is miserable... and we really need professionials who care.. walk along aside of us to help us thru our days... I am so sorry.. call them first thing this morning..with insistance..

Let us know how it goes!

Hugz, Kathy
I am very sorry about your daughter I also have a 15 year old, not with RSD, I am the one with the RSD but I can't imagine it.

I have had RSD for 6 years and have been seeing doctors in NYC, we are lucky to live close, an hour and a half, away. What I have discovered is that most good teaching hospitals have the best PM Programs. Did your daughter have an inqury? Living in OK demographicly your are in a tough spot but I believe there is a very good childrens hospital in St. Louis also Vanderbelt Univ. in Tennessee. I would try and look in that direction. I have seen a small amount of children in the facility I go to I think you just have to find the right place. I think a private doctor is not going to really be able to do anything. RSD treatments are expensive and it takes a really good facility to be able to treat RSD patients the correct way.

I wish you all the best.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-19-2010), SandyS (02-19-2010)