View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
I've seen the MRI slides that Jay has taken of people in his studies. Normal people have a lighted up area in the part of the brain affected by PD. Prior to cycling PD patients have almost no lighted area there. After doing the forced cycling, the PD patients' MRIs look nearly normal. I just about fell off my seat.

I would be interested in hearing results from the Theracycle users.

Peony, I wonder what would happen if you alternated using the Theracycle and pedaling on your own, trying to get to the point where you could go it alone. Good to hear you're having other benefits.
Nan, any reports on how this effects executive function? I'm not yet diagnosed, but following all this closely as it seems to me it would pay off to do the best I can regardless. I've never been a real go getter, so now I'm just a little slower, a little stiffer, and a little twitchier! But the part that has gotten me down the most is the struggle to focus and process information, to the point where I've modified my role at work!

As far as a feeling of general unwellness, I notice after 30-40 minutes of yoga, I'm good to go-at least for several hours. So I can definitely see the benefits of regular exercise of some kind.

Thanks for your post! Very informative thread!
coachmomlu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote