View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychl View Post
Hi ... this is my first chat experience...the only thread I've ever used has been put through a needle...so I'll try! I've experienced sharp burning pain in foot - big toe joint with swelling for about 5 years... since spring of 09 the sharp pains and swell have alternately moved to joints in my wrist, thumb, ankle, elbow, and hip - which has become even worse than my toe. My MD who specializes in RSD think's it's rheumatoid arthritis and the RA doctor seems to be minimizing my pain and passing the buck back to the RSD doctor. I'm now scheduled for MRIs...any idea what the differentiating criteria would be between RA and RSD? The exrays indicated that the bones in my toe were rubbing together causing the sharp pain... no 'cushioning' ... and the RA doctor said it was probably not related to the other joint pains..... VERY FRUSTRATING. A cortisone shot in my hip today seems to hav been put in the wrong place and certainly isn't helping! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Psychl
Hi and Welcome:

You've been give the correct forum to go to. But you also have to visit our other forums. We have fun, nice topics and friendly folk here. We all live with pain in one form or another, and we reach out and help each other. I put my mind on other matters and in MY case, I sprout. I grow most of my food right in my kitchen. It's a fun hobby and it keeps me from concentrating too much on my pain. Works wonders.

So again, a hearty welcome and I hope you find your answers here on Neurotalks.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-20-2010), tamiloo (02-23-2010)