View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Duodopa study

[QUOTE=Dianne G;622585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
I had a doc from the University of South Florida, Tampa, say that there were a lot of issues with infection at the site. I can only hope that this problem has been resolved.

Unfortunately I don't believe the problem has been resolved. There is a problem with our surgeons being unfamiliar with the different peg and tubing and apparently Solvay has been slow to either change the tubing or further train our doctors. My husband is in the study and had surgery in September 09 to insert his peg. He got a serious infection, requiring additional surgery to repair and correctly place the peg along with removing the infection. He became septic and came very close to dying. He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. The drug is great but the procedure needs to be perfected. Seems that the solution is simple -- but Solvay hasn't responded very well.
Thanks for the information: My wife is to start a clinical trial with this on the 22'nd of Feb 2010, next week. I will ask if the tubing has been changed or if the problems still exist. I would hope that the problem has been corrected. She currently has a lot of off time and we are looking forward to an improvement without the DBS. Will let you know next week how it goes.
Thanks again
Cmeender
cmeender is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (10-20-2010)