View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You

Thanks for the info on IVIG and link on Sjograns. Also, the link on IVIG was interesting. My rheumatologist gave me some med to increase secretions (eww) called Evoxac. Although my antibodies are negative for Sjograns, it does seem to be helping the dryness...

I just called my insurance company and they said they will cover IVIG as long it is medically necessary (duh). If administered in a doctors office, it is the copay amount. If administered in an outpatient facility it is covered at 80% (after deductible is met). I would imagine at 20%, the cost may still be quite high, though I really do not have any idea of what it would be.

I would imagine that it would be done in an outpatient facility... my deductible has been met since January because our insurance requires a deductible for anything that is not a doctors appointment. Although, I feel fortunate to have insurance, this is the worse plan we have ever had and it is more expensive to boot... My husband works for a fortune 100 company and all of their senior management took huge bonuses this year and last year. The employees such as my husband have not had a pay increase for three years now. I guess he is just lucky to have a job. But you know, he has already put in over 30 years of hard work to this company and he never knows if his job is going to be there from one day to the next. IRIF's are like a flavor of the day. Welcome to the real world, huh?

Okay, I will get off of my soapbox. I do consider us as pretty fortunate. I just have to rant from time to time.

I am feeling lousy and that makes me feel so cranky.

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote