View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Alice. I read some more about borderline SFEMGs and seronegative cases. Meanwhile, today I tried to play my fiddle for the first time in a few months, because I was having an extraordinarily good day, and my arms don't usually bother me much even on a bad day. I used to be able to play for a couple of hours--tonight it took ten minutes to utterly exhaust my arms. What else could it be besides mg? I've had every other test anyone can think of.

What puzzled my doctors is that my first and main symptom is "tiltiness"--I lose my balance when I walk and sometimes stand. I just realized that the problem is not in my legs--it's in the muscles in my side and back. They're weak, and I have trouble holding myself up straight when I shift my weight from side to side, like you do when you walk. That's why I lose my balance.

Tell me that makes some sort of sense. I'm really frustrated now. If my antibodies test were positive, the doctor should have called me by now (I suppose I can call the office and wrestle his staff to the ground again to find out for sure). When I see him in a couple of weeks I'm going to ask for a MuSK test.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote