View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Losing balance

[QUOTE=Stellatum;623713]
What puzzled my doctors is that my first and main symptom is "tiltiness"--I lose my balance when I walk and sometimes stand. I just realized that the problem is not in my legs--it's in the muscles in my side and back. They're weak, and I have trouble holding myself up straight when I shift my weight from side to side, like you do when you walk. That's why I lose my balance.
[QUOTE]

I lose my balance on occasion, although the Mestinon helps. I agree with you about the cause - I think I lose my balance when I get one-sided weakness. I thought at first the cause was double vision, but I am still losing my balance at what seems like random times even now that I don't have double vision all the time.

Along with the balance problems, sometimes my feet don't land where I try to put them. I love gardening and I have to be so careful not to step on the plants! I feel so clumsy.

Before I started Mestinon I was running into walls and tripping on everything and couldn't walk a straight line if I tried. And I couldn't even stand without constantly adjusting my feet so I wouldn't fall over.

I think that MG symptoms vary and many of us have symptoms that puzzle our doctors.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon. Maybe your doctor will trial you on Mestinon.

According to my doctor...MG symptoms often become progressive and continue to get worse without treatment. He said that Mestinon usually stops MG from getting worse. I know I kept getting new and worse symptoms weekly until I started Mestinon. Mestinon is such a lifesaver for me.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by DesertFlower; 02-20-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typing error
DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote