View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryklly View Post
Hello my name is Sherry i ahve a support dog and never have i been refused entry till yesterday in court for my son it is a very bad case the judge said my dog had to go because he never went to school i do not have to spend tons of money for a emonitinal suport dog i have paper work from my Doctor in the State of Alaska my dog enters wal- mart starbucks and flys on airplanes and just sits on my lap he minds and is a poodle i would like to know where do i go and how do i get my rights to enter the court room the judge keept on asking me what was my propleb medicaly i know i dont have to say but i have a med. condition he was very rude . I have went in to a court room in Palmer Alaska for the first part of the trial and had no problems at all nor was my dog out of order he just sat on my lap and when i would break down he turns around and gets in my face and i hold him tight i would like to know where i could go in order to get help with this thank you so very much Sherry
Emotional Support Dogs do NOT have public access and are not allowed in public places. I believe you are confused with service dogs. A letter from your doctor does not make your dog a service dog or grant you legal permission to have your dog with you in public. An ESA can be in no pet housing and on planes with proper documentation, but that is it.

A PSD (Psy Service Dog) is a dog that is individually trained to do something to mitigate the disability of the disabled handler! Just being there and making the handler feel better by their presence does not count. A PSD is allowed in all public places.

If you take a ESA into public guised as a PSD, you are breaking federal and state laws!
lilfarfa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (02-21-2010)