View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
My Psychiatrist just agreed to fill out any forms necessary to have my little Nico deemed as a Psychiatric service dog,so if I ever travel anywhere he will be allowed on aircrafts, trains, cruiseships, but I wouldn't subject him to a crowded bus! He just told me when I'm ready to travel somewhere,let him know, and hell get the proper forms off the internet for when and where,and what form of travel I'm traveling and fill them out. He said each airline has it's own forms,and each cruiseship also has it's own forms,and you have to get them filled out at the time you are traveling,and where,all the specifics. He said there isn't just a basic form you fill out and carry around in your wallet or pocket,for travel anytime,anywhere! He pulled it up on the internet while I was in his office.
So Nico is my not only my best little buddy,but he's now going to be my Psych service dog to!

A letter from your doctor does not make your dog a PSD, his training does. To have a PSD 3 things MUST be true:

1) you must have a life limiting disability (this is where the doctors letter helps)

2) Your dog must be trained to DO something to mitigate your disability. Just being there and making you feel better does not count. They must have a trained task such as alerting, grounding, finding exits, reminding to take meds, etc...

3) The dog must be trained to behave in public.

This is very important. Without the training, the dog is a ESA and is not allowed in no pet public places.
lilfarfa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote