View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Birchlake:

Have you checked your local libraries for Hooshmand's book?

So sorry about your job - I had to take a sick leave also, but I am worker's comp so they are paying me for now (at a reduced rate, of course - but it's something). I am hoping and praying right now that ketamine treatments this March or April will provide me with enough remission from my RSD that I will able to return to work this spring.

The RSDSA.org website has an awesome database of current research articles regarding treatments and medications. I highly recommend it. (Hooshmand is great, but dated).

The best of luck to you, Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
Daniella and Loretta, thanks much for the replies.

I'm finding out a lot about this disorder. Sometimes I spend so much time researching and reading about it on the internet that I have to walk away. Paralysis by analysis I guess. I'm hitting it with all cylinders and trying to keep a good attitude. Some days are better than others though; you guys certainly know the drill there. Quite a journey.

But as the old saying goes...

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans!"

I have a pretty decent management routine, doctors that I trust, a friend who is a psychologist who is keeping track of my mental health, so I know I'm doing a lot of things right. Am looking forward to spring as winter in Minnesota is getting pretty long right about now and the warm weather makes me feel so much better.

I see quite a bit on the internet about Dr. Hooshmand (now retired) who has published quite a bit about RSD/CRPS. I found his "puzzles" article has been especially informative.

I see that he has a published book. I checked Amazon**** and it's available but wow...$107 used to $191 new. Spendy.

Money is awfully tight as I'm not working right now. Have any of you read this book and can you make any recommendations on it? Even with funds being tight, I'd find a way to buy a copy if people feel it is a valuable resource. Knowledge is power right?

Thanks much!
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote