View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 02:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neurologist exam

Can anyone inform me what the protocol is, or even your experience, with an exam done by a Neurologist?

I was sent to one for my Work Comp case. I have CRPS II in my right hand & arm that has spread to left arm. I also have an injury to my neck, bulging disc (original dx ,cervical disc disorder, & occipital neuralgia), and 2 torn tendons in my RT shoulder (one they think is a "full thickness tear"). I also have an injury to my ulnar nerve, resulting in ulnar nerve neuritis.

I tell you all of this as a "clue" as to WHAT all they may have been trying to look for, in the eyes of a Neurologist. I've only seen Ortho's, Chiro's, and PM, for 5 1/2 yrs.

I I know, primarily, I was sent there due to my CRPS. He was supposed to determine HOW MUCH of a disability rating I should have. My attorney told me he was supposed to "look at everything" wrong with me.

But all he did was check my reflexes with his "little hammer" and he measured my arms above & below my elbow. He also asked if I had been give an EMG. I did in 2002, was n egative. He said he was surprised I didn't have another one so he MIGHT order one.

Otherwise, he didn't even appear to look at my hands (which were both mottled blue off & on throughout the time I was there), he never had me move my fingers, hands or wrists, to see if they were stiff, etc. He never even asked about what brought on pain or what helped my pain, etc. (I'd printed out a list of things Neurologists are looking for, by a Neuro on the internet, so I could write things down he may need to know. But he ONLY asked about HOW the accident occurred. That's ALL).

Does this sound right? My attorney is NEVER interested in asking about these things, so I can't ask him.

Thanks for any input! If it does seem this is out of the ordinary, I may try to tell my attorney about it.

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote