View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The world awash in cheap pharmaceuticals?

Marty called. He checked with some people he knows and they say the world is awash in generic levodopa. It is churning out of North Korea, China, India, the Philippines. Marty says Merck couldn't take the heat, so they got out of the kitchen.

But what about sinemet with the added feature of CR? Remember how they told us it would cause 50 percent less vomiting? That's a great feature on any product. So this stuff coming out of the Third World, what is the puke average? If I can find out the average mileage of a car, surely, given the fact that Parkies spend $3 billion a year on these drugs, and we are the only market for this product, at least they should tell us whether or not this mysterious new supply of the old drug includes the CR advantage of 50 percent less puking. I believe this to be valid question.

Ursula says this is all a complete waste of time. Nothing as dysfunctional as the Parkinson's franchising operation can ever produce anything good. Darcey sent a lot more Blues and so we are putting it on loud. Sorry I blackened so many pages again, with words, words, words; when what we need is mostly pre-verbal. I was just hoping to find out if there is a huge surplus or a huge shortage, and what it is we have to pay to keep those people out of our lives so we can live through our sickness and demise with dignity.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote