View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Reassuring the 'Cold Feet' B4 Surgery

I was so touched by this, I asked her if it would be ok if I shared it ...

I recently sent a message to a friend regarding being 'nervous' before my upcoming surgery. Being in the same boat and having her surgery recently, she had this to say:

I, too, was nervous before I had the surgery, but I made myself remember all the things that I have missed out on because of the pain......playing with my son, playing golf, playing volleyball, going on walks, being the life of the party, and the most important was I missed being me!!! Everything that I have been going through after the surgery will be well worth it if I can find myself again. I know this sounds funny but I really don't like the person that I've turned into because of the pain. I am not the happy-go-lucky person that I use to be before the pain.

I think if you can look at it from that stand point....what your life could be like after this.....it might help with your cold feet. This may seem silly but I've always loved this saying:

If you always do what you've always done,
you'll always get what you've always got!

I know there are always risks with surgery, but I tend to see the glass as half full. You will never gain anything if you don't take risks!

You can bet I'll be taking these words with me to the hospital!

Thank you for letting me share this on our new forum Kzlrogue! I'm most certain it will touch many.

If anyone would like to add to this thread what has driven them to make the decision to take this step, it would really be a blessing to others....

I for one, simply want to be a 'kid' again! I have twin boys (15 yrs old)...I would love to ride our dirtbikes together again.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
irljenn (11-15-2010), Koala77 (03-29-2010), Twinkletoes (03-28-2010)