View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

baseball,
Do you know what nystagmus is? Your symptoms sound similar to pathologic nystagmus. This is a symptom of a vestibular injury.

I would keep pushing for a doctor to look into this. Do you live anywhere near a medical school? Sometimes, difficult to diagnose problems can be submitted to a large group of med students who have time and access to vast amounts of medical research.

The disorientation to time is also a specific symptom that should point to a specific part of the brain. I have a difficulty to track time as it passes. Or to put events in chronological order. I may remember that something happened but have no idea when. If it was today, yesterday, or last week. The past ten years are all mixed up.

What was the precipitating event?

What is your neurological history? concussions? history of getting passed out drunk? toxic exposures? diving accidents? heavy metal exposure? high fever? sinus infections? tooth abscesses/root canals? STD's? syphilis can cause neuro problems but go undetected for years.

What diagnostics have you had done? Any high end imaging? Or qEEG?

Have you had your B-12 and folate levels checked? Some people do not process B-12 orally in sufficient quantities. I received B-12 shots at one period in my life. I would add folic acid, niacin and thiamine to your regimen.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote