View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Wellovedmom

I too have been awake since two this morning due to the pain. It sounds like you have been through alot and are still going. I have been through alot of what you have, I have the postraumatic arthritis, both knees, both feet, causalgia in right leg and celiac disease. I feel your pain. I also had a two year remission, like you I still had pain, but nothing like the causalgia pain. Then it came back ten folds, I also turned to mindful distraction tasks and they are helpful......meaning helpful.

I think what we are all looking for is a balance, a stable balance that we can live with. It is just this pain is like a rollercoaster, and it is hard to keep our balance when we are being thrown for a loop by our own bodies. You are doing all of the right things, walking, self hypnosis and you even walked off 75 pounds while dealing with RSD. That is wonderful!

I have found a recipe, and it sounds like you have too that works to the best of its ability when dealing with this type of pain. To me, the arthritis pain and causalgia are totally two different pains, but when you have them combined together, they are mentally and physically destructive.

Maybe you could talk to your pain doctor, about medications. Tell him all of the things that you do complimentary to this disease. I fought medictions for years, but I just could not function any longer. So now, I do meditation, TENS Unit, salt baths, exercise when pain is low, self hypnosis, mind over body techniques and medication. If you are in a flare from the RSD, you need to get your pain under control so you can reason with the supplements that you use. I also use herbal supplements, Omega, flaxseed, hemphearts, Vitamin B,C,D and a few homeopathic stress reducers. Even with all of this, I still had a terrible flare a few weeks ago and just had to ride it out. I am sorry for your pain and I do hope you find a combination that works for you. Try to get the pain under control first and then I am sure you will sleep a bit better also. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless, Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-21-2010)