View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Gang,

My neurologist just shrugged and said, "All your wires are crossed so what do you expect?" Then he proposed to increase my already substantially overdosed doses of pain and spasm meds. When I hinted that might not be the best idea (since I can barely stay awake, etc...), he replied, "Well, I guess it can't be that bad."

What I wouldn't give for a neurologist who gave a &%@#. Sadly, there are very few within a six hour drive of my rural home and this one is considered the "good one." There's a scary thought, eh!

I'd like to travel for care, but as many of you can appreciate, our financial situation has become quite desperate since the accident.

For starters, we've lost my income. Although we have (thank God or we'd be on the street by now) socialized medicine, there are many "uninsured services" (like cognitive therapy) because nobody cares about head injuries.

My car insurance is refusing to pay anything. (It's a standard trick: "sue us if you want the benefits you paid for".) To top it off, my husband's job is in jeopardy.

Right now were making choices between feeding our kid and paying for my care. You Moms all know that's a "no brainer."

Anyway, I'm not throwing a "pity party." That's not my style. I just wanted folks to understand that I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances.

Thanks for Caring
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (02-21-2010)