View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
bobby, I am sorry about your Uncle and sister. She sounds really stressed and in a way feel honored that a big sis felt comfortable to let you be the sounding wall, because she needed the younger sis to be the big sis for her. I am sure she never thought about the extra concern it caused you as she is in overload.

Don't give up on hope and the love of others. I will pray for your Uncle, and tell him I am honored that in his family he gave me a dear friend. Next week I will volunteer at a local low income after school program near us in honor of your Uncle.
Maybe I can make it a family day for my family we will be together helping others and we honor your Uncle for all he did in life.

Send that note to your sis, something not expensive, just a joted note that she is a special person, and while she is stressed, to take time for herself, and know that you love her.
di
your note was so very beautiful and you don't know how much I appreciate your honoring my wonderful Uncle Ray. When I visited my parents in Hartford and daddy would go into a rage and reduce me to hysterics,my uncle would pick me up after a call from my mother, his sister, and drive me to the train.
When my father had his stroke, my uncle would often pick me up in New Haven(I lived in New York) and drive me to West Hartford. He was a quiet giver and he never ever asked for anything in return.NEVER. he got married late in life and took care of his mother(my grandmother)until her death in her eighties. What a son!
That is an interesting approach to my sister. Even though I was twenty two months younger, when I was about five I was "chosen" to be the caretaker for my father. He was probably bipolar II also but he self mediated with alcohol. I was always the caretaker in the family and then the black sheep.
I am so sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Yesterday I went into a worse terror and just felt so incredibly lonely and scared I didn't have the energy to write back.
Thank you so much
Bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-21-2010), Brokenfriend (02-22-2010)