View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I looked into nystagmus, it seems to be more involuntary movements, whereas mine just happen as I move my eyes (although I do feel there is something wrong when I stare at an object, or even keep my eyes closed. I suspect this is just the fog). My time disorientation seems similar to yours, however I can put things in chronological order. For events that happened days ago however I have to think about it a little harder, but I can still remember when events happened. THe precipitating event/events are as follows:

I played heavy contact sororts all throughout highschool, but my first significant head injury came when I fell off a top bunk of a bed, while intoxicated and smalled my head ona concrete floor. I did not get knocked out (I don't think) but I vomited afterwards. The next day I was feeling groggy, but the following few weeks I felt normal. Then one day these symptoms I was describing instantly appeared out of nowhere (also developed a stutter, confusion speaking during this time). I went to the doctor, got a MRI, CT, IMPACT, and I few exotic others I don't remember, all came back fine. I also saw a neurologist, opthmologist, neuropsych, chiropractic adjustments, tested for lyme, sleep apnea, treated for depression and anxiety. Everything was negative so I just figured I had PCS and waited it out. During this time however I continued to drink and stayed active because I didn't know better and I was not feeling as bad as I am now. A few years passed I got off the antidepressant/anxiety because I either 1. got better or 2. got used to the way I was feeling and was content, I don't know which one, either way I was for the most part happy. Then a month ago I was at a bar and got sucker punched in the nose. I felt fine for a few days then the symptoms all of a sudden like a ton of bricks came back again. It was light at first then hit real hard after my flight the next day. It has been way worse than the first time as I remember, because I can't workout or anything, and the thought of drinking is very unappealing.

I dont have any STDs so I don't think it is that. I haven't had qEEG done yet. Toxic exposures maybe I work in a chemical lab but that is unlikely,
yes I passed out 1 or 2 times, I don't have any high fevers however my allergies get real bad a times (throughout my life). I don't think I have any B-12 problems because I have had many blood tests in the past years and there was no problems. Had a couple car accidents but never hit my head. One time I went to one of those oxygen bars for fun and I remember feeling really clear afterwards (before the 2nd hit). Something is wrong neurologically and I really don't know what it is.
baseball07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote