Thread: ESA vs PSD
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddens View Post
My therapist is going to write a letter stating I need a dog with me all the time, and she said I am allowed to take it to public places like Wal-Mart and such. Now, I've been doing some reading and it seems to me that in order to bring my dog to wal-mart, it has to be a certified Psychiatric Service dog. Once I get a dog, at what point does it turn from an Emotional Assistance Support Animal to a Psychiatric Service Dog, and how do I get it certified. If I DON"T have to get it certified and I CAN bring it to wal mart, should I just get an "Assistance Animal" Vest so that it is obvious that it is a assistance animal? Maybe the Laws are different in SC? I haven't been able to find Laws regarding assistance animals. Please write back and give me some guidance as to how this works.Thanks!
If you therapist is stating that you need to have your dog with you in public places, then you need to make your dog a PSD. I am a PSD handler and concur with what lilfarfa posted. Your best bet is to look at **and determine just what your needs are.
TrueUpPSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote