Thread: ESA vs PSD
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

me here because of erroneous information being passed here.

It seems to me that some of you are thinking about PSD with the wrong attitude. There is a huge problem out there for the disabled especially when it comes to SDs and their dogs. It gets worse when someone says, "Oh good idea, I'll get a PSD" WRONG!! It doesn't work that way. Just because your Dr. suggests it doesn't make it a good idea. I would like to suggest that you consider the following.

Are you a dog person and how much knowledge do you have about dogs?
Are you capable of training a dog properly regardless if it is a program or OT dog?
Do you have the skills to train a dog? I've been doing it for 40 yrs.
Are you physically capable of taking care of a dog?
Are you willing to make the 10-15 year commitment to your dog?
Are you willing to become emotionally involved with your dog?
Do you relaize what a pain in the *** hauiling a dog everywhere is?
Do you know where you should not take a dog?
Insert list of 10 more Qs of your own devising.

Before you start thinking abuot a PSD or any other service dog I suggest you find out what is involved starting with ***suggest PAT and access standard then go to **** and finish there.

Then come over to a brand new forum ***and learn about them, ask your Qs before making a decision. It is not my intention to turn you off the idea but it is a bigger step than you realize fraught with problems you won't believe.

Not everyone is suitable for an SD.

I shall no go make an introductory post.

Hi Harley and Anakin.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-21-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: removing links according to NT guidelines for new posters
desertranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote