View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for responding. I feel much calmer having heard from you. I'm formulating a plan and trying to get priorities arranged. I'm in Missouri now but next month I'm moving back home to Ohio, just outside Cleveland. I have an appointment lined up with my psychiatrist there, I will see if he can refer me to the Cleveland Clinic.

But, until then I've got to try to be as active as I can, concentrate on QUITTING SMOKING (I had been quit for 16 years before I came down here 3 years ago to help with my fathers care and passing which happened in July). I do not drink or take drugs, antidepressants only make me worse anymore, I have a pretty good diet including vitamins and supplements.

I will prepare myself for a possibly drawn-out process of seeking diagnosis, I know it may also be a quick and simple matter... The main thing for me is to persevere and to avoid my usual pattern of easy discouragement, apathy, disgust, etc. and then giving up.

Because I tend to isolate and enjoy living alone, forums like this are extremely valuable when they are made up of friendly caring people like you all seem to be here.
bool452 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote