Thread: Momma says...
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Momma says...

It's not nice to enter someplace new without an introduction.

My friends call me Ranger. I am a disabled Tribal Ranger (worked for the Indians) and no longer working. I live in the Sonora desert with my family, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Abby (9yrs) a rough collie was my patrol, trail and search dog until we were disabled together in a backcountry incident that injured 3 and killed one dog. Jin is a 14 mo old border collie. He is a multifunction medical assist, PSDiT, and work dog about halfway through his PAT and task training and task. Both dogs have their CGC (Canine Good Citizenship) Certificates.

My problems are both physical: arthritis and bursitis coupled with a lifetime of injuries with plates and pins that limits my ability to work and severe PTSD couple with extreme ADD/HD. When the two decide to play together the world vanishes for me.

I have over 40 yrs experience working with dogs in various capacities from herding, industrial, trail and patrol, sports and now as service dogs. I do my own training. I'm also very knowledgeable about the physical, legal and emotional aspects of owning dogs including SDs. That may not seem to mean much however but when you get into the details of a long term canine relationship it does especially with a service dog.

I am well educated but rough around the edges and not politically correct. It goes against the grain and prevents me from doing the job I had for so many years... keeping people safe from themselves in the wilderness. I've taught classes in outdoor craft including survival, rock climbing, basic camping, disaster preparation and more. There are also books and a survival tool that everyone who hikes should carry. Lastly I can make a fire without matches or tools, not even a knife.

I'll work up a profile for you to look at and will probably be most active in Service Animals.
desertranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-22-2010), azoyizes (02-22-2010), Blessings2You (02-21-2010), kicker (02-21-2010), SandyC (02-23-2010)