View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=lilfarfa;624029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
Someone has (once again) told those on this forum that a SERVICE dog MUST be trained in SPECIFIC TASKS that enable a person with a disability to function more fully in this world, whether at home or in private. They follow this up by explaining that there could therefore be NO psychiatric service dog unless the dog was needed to fetch your medicines along with a bottle of water or (presumably) to knock you down and restrain you (with his vast body weight if not his jaws) if you, as a psychiatric patient, are in the midst of a paranoid wild-eyed state of ranting and raving. Just joking - and NOT making fun of the mentally ill - I IS ONE!!

Now, as to what dogs can do as PSDs: I suggest that you visit **.

They have a list of tasks for PSDs.

PLEASE STOP saying that PSDs do not have to be task trained. That is simply NOT true and by guising a ESA as a PSD, you are breaking the law!

A PSD does not have to be able to bring you meds. A PSD does not have to be able to restrain you.

Task 1 for my dog. Break a dis-associative state. No pills or water needed there.
Task 2 Check the house for security (no one hiding there).
Task 3 Remind me when to take meds 3 times a day.
Task 4 Alert me to my stress and anxiety levels are getting too high.

I don't see any water or pills or anything else there.

Task 5 Make sexy eyes and bow at a pretty girl at the pub. NOT an SD tasks but he's trained to do it.

**. But I[ve been reading here for a few hours and I see much that is incorrect or misunderstood. A couple of my friends and I have come over here and I hpe we can be of some help.
desertranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DawnandPolar (04-24-2010)