View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Thanks everyone for your messages of support. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply when you have your own stuff to deal with.

Jessica - there doesn't seem to be a pattern with this stomach pain. Both Hubs and I are dieting at the moment so everything is pretty low fat. The day before the pain in my stomach I completely lost my appetite - very unusual for me! I didn't eat until 9pm that night and had a low fat version of Macaroni cheese. Which could have kicked it off, but I've had cheese since and had no problems. So I'm left scratching my head as to what caused the pain. When it was happening though I would have happily taken morphine even though it makes me a bit aggressive! I've had a few twinges since but nothing on the scale of Thursday!

Mel- I hope you had a good birthday and were spoilt rotten! Thank you so much for your offer of support. I do the same things you do to try and get me out of a dark mood. It does work but sometimes you just have to give in to it.

I found a site today for neuro opthalmologists which was interesting - but I can't remember what it was called. It looked at ways to test for bilateral ptosis. Cover the eye with ptosis (get in front of a mirror first!), then close your "good" eye for 20 sec. Look in the mirror with the ptosis eye still covered. My "good" eye lid actually drooped and had ptosis also! Its only the muscles in my forhead that are pulling my eyebrow up that are keeping this eye open. So I have learnt a new party trick today!

Very tired today, been on oxygen most of the day. Ive been taking 75mg of mestinon every 4 hours but my ptosis and DV are yet to go away.

Thanks again
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote