View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
mhr4

mhr4

Baseball,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned to you or not, but you could also look into neurofeedback. The LENS neurofeedback system is especially helpful for people who have had multiple concussions. And, typically if the LENS doesn't work for you then that means you do have something else going on with you neurologically. So, it can be a usefull tool for that as well.

Regarding vision therapy, I think it would at least be worth investigating. It really doesn't matter if you visit someone who is an optometrist or someone who is an ophthalmologist because they both receive the same training in vision therapy. The main thing you need to be concerned about is their level of experience treating brain injuries and ALL of them offer free initial consultations. Also the therapist will work on training your brain's visual system and not just your eyes, which includes visual filtering and processing among other things. After some thought, I suggest you go to someone who is affiliated with NORA than NOVA.

Good luck!

Last edited by mhr4; 02-21-2010 at 04:24 PM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baseball07 (02-21-2010)