View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gitte,

I know you don't live in the US, but my daughter is 16 and has gone through two rounds of Ketamine Infusions. You will need to see a doctor that will approve Oliver for the infusions. You really need to exhaust all other treatments. My daughter went through a childrens Pain Rehab program and then she went through four sympathetic nerve blocks. Then back through the three week pain program again. She was doing well after the pain program and had a fall...we then went to see Dr. Kirkpatrick at the RSD/CRPS Institute in Tampa Florida. Because we exhausted all other treatment for her and she passed all of the tests, cardiology and other tests, she was a candidate.

I know Oliver is very young, before you look into the Ketamine for him, PLEASE try a pain rehabilitation program. See if you have any programs where you live. You can pm me if you have any other questions about the program.

I am sorry your son has to go through this so young, I know how difficult it is watching your child in so much pain. My Lindsay has been dealing with this for 6 years. She has good days and not so good days, but the good days we relish. My prayers are with you and Oliver.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitte74 View Post
Hi Sandy

Sorry for just popping up a question, but when are you a candidate for Ketamine?. Just wondering if its a possibility that i have to think of and search in..?

Gitte - Olivers mom
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote