View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are a bunch of good places that are pet friendly, and La Quinta and Motel 6 are great examples. I stay at Motel 6 when I travel to see my sister, as there's one very near where she works.

The real problem is when I drive across the country, from AZ to MA. I don't know when I get in the car in the morning if this will be an 8hr driving day, or 10hrs, or only 4hrs. I drive until I'm ready to call it a day. Making advanced reservations doesn't give me the flexibility I need.

So, when the time comes, I rely on the highway signs to let me know what lodging is available. There are places in this country where the majority of available lodging not pet friendly. Motel 6 and La Quinta are prevalent, but not everywhere.

I now carry a laptop with wifi, and will pull off into a rest stop to check on available rooms. One problem with this, is that I have no idea what the zip code is, so I rely on where my GPS tells me I am. It can be quite challenging. This helps me find places that don't advertise on the highway, and to check the pet policy. I also get a better rate by booking over the internet before driving to the motel.

Challenges ... challenges ... LOL
JBishop09az is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote