Thread: sewing?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Like you I also sewed a lot in another life.

I made all of my own, and all of DD's clothes until she was about 8 or 9. I made nighties, trousers and dresses for my nieces, and I always made all my own curtains.

I don't have a sewing machine at the moment, but I've been looking at each sale catalogue with that far away look in my eyes, hoping that hubby will soon get the hint.

Oh dear, How do I answer this one------- I am gender dysphoric and love my dresses just the same as any female would. Yes, I am male. Being male, there were no dresses that looked or felt right. There are just soo many differences between the male and female shapes.

Over the years I taught myself the best way of doing things. I thought I was teaching myself dressmaking -- Unwittingly I had taught myself couture. I draught my own patterns, and concentrate on the styles of the 1950's or 1850's.

I have put pictures of my work in a flickr site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackie66 Since I have truncal ataxia and T4 complete paraplegia I cannot sit unsupported at a sewing machine table so all my work is handsewn. I do have a push button machine but only use it for overlocking and buttonholing.

I show these dresses off at the transgender events and get a great deal of fun doing so. My styles are all created to look good whilst I am sat in a wheelchair. Most of my pictures are taken with me standing, but the position of my arms show that I am in fact doing a balancing act.

I have had great fun creating outfits to tease the fetishists. A PVC ballgown being one of them. Creating these outfits is my way of covering lifes traumas and I am getting a great deal of benefit from doing so.

My dresses seem to be very popular with the American ladies. -- So they should, since my inspirations come from the Hollywood musical films.
jackie66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (02-24-2010)