View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
Oh Bobby, it was just from my heart I care and wish there was something that fixes life to be fair, even easier.

I love how you replied to Mari, you are so right, it is not even that we have words to say, we are there for each other unconditionally.

I don't know which man it is that triggers, I know how after 35 years my ex still feels he has to control and hurt me.
I was a Chief of police and put abusers in jail, yet this man still can trigger in me. I am such a mess from his life affecting ploy right now, but coming here to friends, helps.

I do not need the words, there really are no answers, gosh if we had them we could be Dr. Phil and make mega bucks!!!!
But, just signing on and putting a emotiacon, will keep you able to pull from us the love to face whatever is triggering.

Here is where the heart is
Di
http://www.gurus.org/dougdeb/Courses...ner/BTmain.htm From Harold S. Kushner:
Quote:
to forgive the world for not being perfect, to forgive God for not making a better world, to reach out to the people around us, and to go on living despite it all." [page 147]

Harold Kushner triggered me by saying to forgive God for not making a better world....my immediate response was how dare that man write that.....maybe I am alone in my reaction but that got me so blasted angry. It is we that fail...God is perfection or beyond perfection...

I am so sorry that you had to go through an abusive husband......I find you to be a very caring, strong and confident and loving woman. He must have really been a piece of work. Thank goodness it is history. you have to keep on telling yourself it is history and it is just sort of like a post traumatic stress you experience with him now.....but it isn't real...just a former trauma..you are away from him. glory glory!
r. Phil also triggers me big time. You have a lot more wisdom in your little finger than Dr.Phil, what an egotist, has in his whole body......I was a psychologist when I was younger and knew so many know people like dr phil... all jerks who would just feed their fragile egos on others' misfortunes....
take care
bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-22-2010), DiMarie (02-22-2010)