View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Been there

Hi Isis,

In your message you mentioned what seems to be the soup of the day as far as meds go. I am going to take some liberty here by saying that your friend seems very responsive/sensitive to the meds so it may take a while-longer than a month to see the difference. All the agonists, reuptake inhibitors whatever you call them were just too inconsistent for me to manage them. I have tried entacapone, stalevo, amantadine, requip, mirapex, whew!! I can't remeber all of them. Yup selegiline too. Right now I take 2 tabs 25/100 every 2 hours. Keeps me on my feet all day, regular and no dyskinesia. I have had DBS and this is the same amount of medication that I was taking prior to DBS except I don't have the dyskinesia that's where the DBS helped me the most. I think that you have to find what works for you and sometimes that takes a while but piling on the meds is just too much to figure out which drug is causing what symptom. You don't say how old your friend is but why hasn't he been evaluated for DBS? It is great for tremor!
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Isis (02-22-2010)