View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizjesse View Post
I have taken Dr. Mercola's krill oil for almost a month, and it seems to be an excellent product. I feel great! However, after researching it, I learned that the EPA and DHA values in his product are quite a bit lower than in other krill products. In fact, most of the labels I have seen show Dr. Mercola coming up short, with 150 EPA and 90 DHA, to Mercola's 90 EPA and 50 DHA.

The other products also have a slightly higher phospholipids concentration than Mercola's oil, per gram. At first, I thought this was due to a smaller capsule size, but all of the products I looked at contained 1 gram of krill oil, so the capsule size is probably not the issue.

Dr. Mercola's krill oil is only a little bit more expensive than other brands, and I would not have a problem paying for it if the krill had the higher concentrations, per gram, as the other labels. I am going to switch to another brand because of this as I no longer believe that his product is "the best."
P.S. In the last week, one of my posts on Dr. Mercola's site was removed. I also noticed my avatar (photo) was removed so I put up a new one, which was also removed. This morning, I no longer can gain access to edit my profile on Dr. Mercola's site. Weird.
elizjesse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote