View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura, thank you again for your response.

I am also hoping the same that the extra stiffness is a rebound effect. He is down to I -mg Ropinerole X 3.
Now the dyskinesia is so bad I'm thinking perhaps we should see how it is if we stop the Azilect (.5 -mg) from tomorrow and continue with the Ropinerole at the dosage it is now.

About him being lucky to have me as his friend, I suppose it is 'karma' (!)- it is he who diagnosed me with lupus by browsing the internet for days on end when for years no doctor could figure out why I was so constantly ill. It was only then the doctors asked for the relevant tests and I got a confirmed diagnosis.

Jim, yes he is extra responsive/sensitive to drugs. It always seems to create havoc. It has been more than sixteen days since the Azilect was started and the dyskinesia has shown no sign of getting any better. He was really much better over all while on DXM.

V is fifty-six Jim and at this point totally against DBS. A friend's mother had a DBS, and was better for about eight months before the disease came back with a vengeance. She is baaaaad now. It is terrible to see her.

I started to write so I could keep a track on my thoughts. This particular Lupus flare has turned my life on its head. Although I am pretty content with this enforced solitude, I have a constant dialogue going on within myself. So I thought I'd write it all down.

I hope you enjoy reading it when you can.
Isis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote