Thread: New to thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The things kids say!!!

Its funny what my kids l say about this "BRAIN THINGY" I have.
My girls love to show people my scar and watch the varying degrees of shock and awe from their friends and their parents. LOL... We find joy where we can, Right??? When explaining the surgery, I told my kids that my brain was waayy too big for my skull and the dr. had to make room. LOL!!!
My 1st grader went to school and told her class and teachers and by the time it spread round the school and back to me I was having a lobotomy. LOL But seriously, I want to encourage everyone here to look at yourselves not as "brain damaged" but as "BRAIN BLESSED". It is scary and uncertain but the great news is that you have all the tools right at your fingertips to find a great dr (or team of drs) to treat you. Do your homework and patiently research your condition:
Start a journal of your daily symptoms, what helps and what makes them worse. For instance, when I was diagnosed, I was working out pretty heavily with alot of weight training. (And explosive headaches that were like lightning strikes). Squats were a definite no-no for me. I have learned a valuable lesson through this period of my life. I have learned to really listen to what my body is telling me and to slow my life down. Im not saying that I act like a retiree and sit in the rocking chair all day but I have learned to say "NO". My kids don't exactly like that but I am doing a good job if they aren't happy all the time, Right??
chiarichic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cathy M (02-22-2010), Hockey (02-23-2010)