View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, I'm just worried that the dynamic will change so much if he doesn't get to take care of me. He is a godsend, I'm sooooo thankful that he is there because my family isn't very understanding. We are going to wait a while to get married, I've known him for a while, but we have not been dating long. He wants to get married soon, because he's a federal employee and gets like 30 choices on health insurance, while my insurance sucks. And he has an 8 year old son, so the cost of adding me to his policy doesn't even change. I would not rush into marriage for that reason, but do love him and do want to marry him, so it's a hard call.

And yeah, I was diagnosed in October, so I was lucky in that it only took about 3-4 months to get the diagnosis. My ortho told me about 2 months into seeing him for my foot fracture that he thought it was crps, then once I got that confirmed by 3 other doctors he told me that I was really lucky to have seen him because he had seen it before and recognized that signs. I have been doing everything possible, sympathic nerve blocks (didn't work) pt, which helped a lot to restore my movement and function, although I am still bad about wearing my aircast a lot because it hurts so much without it. I know it's a huge no no but I can't function much without it, and religiuosly take it off everyday and make myself walk around and move my ankle and toes to keep it moving. I've gone through tons of meds, am doing infrared light therapy, biofeedback, tens unit, etc . . . . One of my docs thinks there's a good chance to make it go into remission since it was caught so soon and there's no permanent damage yet. But my pain doc keeps bringing up the spinal cord stimulator, which I am dead set against.
hollyk24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote