View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still taking DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Laura, what about the DM-are you also still taking that with this new drug? IF so, notice anything?

Also, are you still taking your normal amount of sinemet or have you reduced it and if so, by how much?

I am very happy for you and hope this continues to help you. Gotta love those old drugs...LDN, DM, benadryl, propanolol, wonder what else is in the ole medicine cabinet that might help PD?
Hi,

Thanks for the encouragement! I am still taking the DM primarily in the same vein as Robert (RLSMi) for (hopefully) neuroprotection. I take it during the day to help with dyskinesia. It doesn't have any dramatic effect on my symptoms rather overall I feel more fluid and it helps meds to kick in.

I am thinking of using it more regularly during the day, but I already feel like a drug addict. Ha. That's all I need is for someone to see me swigging Robitussin straight from the bottle while at work; I am a school librarian. I find the whole scenario rather funny but don't think parents would find it "normal". lol.

As for Sinemet reduction, I still need to take my regular dosage. What the Propanolol may allow me to do is skip the extra 1/2 Sinemet tabs I need to take as an overlap to stay "on" all the time at work. Plus it allows me the freedom to take a little downtime at home; I can still knit, cook, essentially function in between meds because there is no sign of tremor. This is all very weird, and I'm hoping it will last. I'll report back if things change considerably with the Sinemet.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (02-22-2010)