Thread: its been awhile
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofpain07 View Post
Hi everyone,
Sorry that Ive not been here in awhile but there is a good reason for that. The day after Christmas we were in a really bad accident & totaled the car. The other bad news is that the same leg that is effected by crps is now also fractured & the doctors cant treat it because nothing can touch my leg. The pain is unbearable & the pain doc that Im seeing wont increase my pain meds. He only increased the perocet by 1 more a day----he said that the fracture would be better by next month ( March) even though my ribs havent healed since Sept. Im still trying to get into another pain clinic but he wont sign the discharge papers, so Im still stuck seeing him. I just really hope that he sings it soon because I really dont know how much longer I can take this pain. Its so hard to get out of my hospital bed now that I cant even tell you.
Just thought that I would let ya'll know why Ive not been on & I will try to get back here more often. Hope that ya'll are doing good & that your pain is being managed as well as it can be. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.
Janet
Hi Janet, I am so very sorry about your accident and injury to your bad leg.
Are you on some of the newer meds that work on nerve pain like cymbalta, an antidepressant, lorazepam, an anti-anxiety med, and a sleep pill, as restorative sleep lessens pain.
This sounds like a nightmare. Will your car insurance help you, or the other car's insurance. Do you need an attorney if it was the other persons fault?
Would light massage help? or qualified rsd therapist, psysical. car insurance should help you in seeing a psychiatrist. My psychiatrist is wonderful, he also is a neuro and pharmacologist.
Did you have an mri or further testing after the accident? Were you hospitalized? I couldn't put up with a Dr. not caring for my pain needs. You deserve to have balanced treatment. I personally benefit from psychiatry help.
Good you have you back on NT. Let us know how you are coming along.
Your friend, loretta with big soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote