Thread: Night Owls
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 12:28 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Advice can be a tricky & hazardous business. But my (professional!!!) opinion is that Nissan makes the most dependable cars, with the highest value. I've seen many of them last for over 250k miles and still remain dependable. The real trick (of course!) is having a good mechanic to take proper care of your car, and not sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

Sorry you're feeling so frustrated. But I'm sure you have a good reason. You're not the kind of person to get taken down too easily. Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean about being judged. A lot of people tell me that I look better now than I did when I was well, and say it in a way that almost sounds like an accusation. I don't even speak to my only brother anymore, because he keeps talking about it to other people behind my back, telling them that the only thing wrong with me is I've just "given up on myself", whatever that means. He called me once a year ago and told me that if I'd just forget about the pain and go out more, my problems would all go away. How the heck is that supposed to work?!?

But you know it ain't in your head, and I know it ain't in your head, and so do a lot of other people. IT'S NOT IN YOUR HEAD, CURIOUS!!! Feel better? I hope so. I'll take a long snooze for ya tomorrow so you'll get some good rest.

Sorry I sound so lame. I'm kinda down and out of it myself tonight. Here...(handing Curious a choccy brownie for a change)...eat this. Give yourself a hug, a treat, and a pat on the back. Get a good night's sleep, and we'll see ya all refreshed in da morning.
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote