View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default talked to my aunt about my cousin. feel like the welcome wagon for bipolar

Hello,
I heard Randy my 15 year old cousin misses school because he sleeps in the day and that the cops brought him home one night for walking in his neighborhood at 2:00 am (after curfew).
My parents whisper about him because they are weird about mental issues. :annoyed:

I called and gave my aunt my old pdoc's number and address. He has moved from my part of the country to theirs.

She's hoping that a sleep study will confirm that Randy has sleep issues and not a mood disorder.

Randy might be ok soon.
But he might also benefit from his parents being more aware. She doesn't think that he has bipolar because the pdoc told them some BS that made me think he could exactly have bipolar.

She said that they are getting a new pdoc for him. Good. Craapy pdocs get my ire up.
I also told her to get the book Bipolar Child.

I think my aunt (uncle's 2nd wife) didn't know I had bipolar until tonight. I think that that is the main reason I called -- to let her know that she is not alone and to let her know that her son is related to at least one more bipolar than she has already counted.

Mari