View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Vegetable Oil is Soybean Oil???

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've been using Vegetable Oil for years. I have also used Canoila Oil. On my Salads I only use Extra virgin olive oil.

But for stir-frying, and sauteing I have always used a little bit of vegetable oil. I mean, I know it has zero cholesterol.

Imagine my surprise the other day when I picked up a bottle of vegetable oil expecting to see (under ingredients), the word VEGETABLE, or some such thing. I read the words SOYBEAN OIL.

I then went to my local supermarket and checked all the bottles of any brand of vegetable oil. All said the say thing. SOYBEAN OIL.

Now I know that we are not supposed to ingest too much soy, tofu, etc, but I've been using SOYBEAN OIL for years!!!!?????

I then saw the other kinds of oils. Sunflower oil and Safflower.

Not sure which one is better but I'm not buying any more vegetable oil. I hesitate to use corn oil because I don't eat corn because it's a carb and I'm diabetic. I know, I know, my ignorance is showing here.

If anybody can clear this up and tell me if Sunflower oil is better or the same as Safflower oil, I would sure appreciate it.

Here I have been sprouting and watching everything that goes in my mouth and I've been using soybean oil for YEARS. Not much on a daily basis, this I know, but really, I had no idea.

I am now reading every single label before I buy ANYTHING.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote