View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used to use Canola. Then a new oil came out called Carotina. I used that for 2 yrs. But it is no longer available in my area.
It was red, and had CoQ-10, Vit A and omega-3's in it.

Now I am using the ghee. I rarely fry anything, or stirfry.
I steam veggies, and broil meats. Occasionally I'll make sauteed mushrooms, onions etc. And eggs, over easy. I cook very simply now.
I've never been able to tolerate alot of fats, so we eat sparingly of them.

For "butter" on things I rarely use it. But hubby does put the "butter" substitute on his veggies. We use Smart Balance spread for that. In a pinch I will stir fry with it.
We stopped using trans fats over 10 yrs ago...I was very aggressive about this when I was explaining EFAs online. In order to help my son and both of us, we eliminated them a long time ago. I used to get flamed for my recommendations back then.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote