Thread: Crps1 vs crps2
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Education here

WOW! I am learning so much here on the RSD forum. Had no idea there was a difference. I obviously have RSDII since it set in throughout my body within just a month(s) of my injury. THANK YOU, fabulous explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Momof4
You are correct,,there's alot more litature on RSDI than RSDII {causalgia},,this is what I have,,RSDI is what most people have and what is most seen in clinical trials ,RSDI ussually prgresses slowly or in some cases ,levels off,or stays in 1 or 2 limbs or in some cases it will stay in one limb,,theres alot of cases where RSDI will progress thru out the body at a slow pace thru years,,,,research shows that RSDI ussually comes from the form of a injury, such as twisting an ankle,,trauma to a body part affecting a nerve doing damage,,where as RSDII its normally causes by bad trauma to a nerve {QUOTE} from a bullet wound or knife injury ,,,,,,,but not alaways,,other ways that are very common to contract stage 2 is ,arthroscopic surgery to the knee and hip are very common,,,one of the keys to causalgia is bad nerve damage[severed] or entrament,,,,,,,,,,,this is one of the main reasons why its aggressive,,there is still stimula comeing from the nerve,,the spread is so agressive,,,,to answer your question,,,ketamine treatments are sometimes used to re-boot the nervous system,,,but,,in my opinion,,,if you re-boot the system and the nerve entrapment is still there,,,it will probually come back after the body relocates the entrapment,,,im not saying ketamine treatment is useless for RSDII,,,,IM going by what ive read,been told,and own personal therory,,I do know that calming the entraped nerve will slow down the progression,,nerve surgery to free the nerve up is not being done very often anymore in fear of making it worse,,but it is still practiced..The surgeon ussualy free's up the nerve and then places the limb in a boot so that scar tissue doesnt set in from early return of use of the limb,,,,,,there is some information out on the web,,,,,also several studies that ive read[ put in the search engine,[stages of RSD},,,,,what progression that one person with RSDI will get in several years,,,a person with RSDII will get in a matter of months,,,,RSDII IS RSDI on steroids ,,and very hard to treat or control,,

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote