View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You have my empathy, Sugarkiss...I can't stand the prednisone anymore either...I'm tapering off of mine as well, so that I'm at alternate-day therapy
(50/0)..I'm seeing a new neurologist this coming month, and am hoping to taper down from the prednisone-day too...I can't stand how it's affected my appearance, not to mention all of the other sides which are much more serious that I'm dealing with....Found out today that I have ringworm! lol...That's not very serious, but come on-ringworm-on my face, no less?! I feel like I'm plowing my soil for strange creatures to flourish...

Anyway, unfortunately, the prednisone was helping me much more than I was aware...My sx have been flaring on the lower-prednisone days (10mgs)...My sx have always flared throughout my therapy, but they are much more severe now when they happen...*sighs*...I'm pretty sure that after I see this next neurologist, I will be on another immunosuppresant, and after revisiting the severe MG again, I think that's okay by me...Even if it means getting ringworm every now and then...

What are you considering cosmetic surgery for? The moonface and back hump are probably the worst for me....I can see that the moonface will go away as people are commenting that my face doesn't look as swollen, despite still being at a pretty high dose- but the hump's still hanging around-I really hope that I can get rid of it!

I think that you'll be okay, no need for surgery ( not sure if you were kidding around about that)...The only side that I've heard doesn't go away are severe stretch marks and osteoporosis, and sorry, the eye issues (glaucoma, cataracts) too...But the other cosmetic sides go away especially quickly the less time you've been on it, and the lower the dose you're at....I think you'll be just fine in a few months, so not to worry, girl!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote