Thread: sewing?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Koala - I bought a Brother CE 5000 PRW for $130. There are cheaper ones, and there are more spendy ones. I like this one - it does easy button holes/buttons with included feet, 50 stitches, drop in bobbin.

Ishould have gone up one machine better and gotten one that has on machine speed control - I am not that good with the foot pedal, lol.

But it sews a nice stitch does well on light fabrics - which I think is a real test for most machines. Any of them seem to be able to handle the heavy stuff. This one can do that too.

And you get most of the feet/acces. with it.

So far, I made Jadi a cape, several shopping totes a blouse, and kitchen hand towels. I think I may make the towels and totes to sell.

Jackie - I am totally impressed! Dress making is THE most difficult thing. I would need years of lessons to even attempt that. Tops and pants, I can do, but I am not at all advanced enough for dresses or designing.

Probably most of the great male fashion designers are like you, appreciate the beauty of a well done garment and enjoy people, too. I was just watching some of the new fashions thinking I could tell which men actually loved the clothes and the women, and which were just opportunists, who see women as stupid cash cows, and selling clothing as a way to get the milk.
Bobbi (02-24-2010), Koala77 (02-25-2010)