View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs74 View Post
thanks for the fast replies all.. I wanted to make sure that i was right in assuming that surgery for us wasnt the best thing.. So i will tell him to take the mass. and I will also provide proof that it is in my best of health for him to do so.. I will take care of that right away..im not so worried about the mass and the surgery i am worried about the crps affecting it more. I know that sounds silly. But i have had surgeries before and you always heal eventually. I have had them on my nose and such before which is why this mass is evidently got them worried. But the crps is new and affects us all so differently and so hard and fast its crazy that worries me.. I am only 35 and i want to live my life fully for as long as i can.

ur friend
barbara
Barbara -

For what it's worth, I would imagine that the anesthesiolgists at the Mayo Clinic could handle regional continous anesthesia, or whatever technique is most appropriate for head surguries in the presence of CRPS, as well as anywhere outside of Walter Reed. (No joke.) And for what its worth, I've been advised that the big issue with CRPS is when surgery is performed on the arms and legs.

Still, were I in your shoes, I would be just as careful.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
babs74 (02-24-2010)