Thread: Hair loss?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Treatment

I have the same problem and did find some information about it a couple of years ago. I do remember that sinemet and dopamine agonists were considered suspect. Read the following old post on this board for some links that might help: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/ar...p/t-30396.html

A treatment that works well for me is minoxidil solution, 3 months worth available at Walmart for about $20. It is called "Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women." It only will work if there is still life in your hair follicles. Also you have to use it forever. If you stop, the hair will fall out again. I just put it on at night before I go to bed and after I wash my hair. It has made a tremendous difference in my appearance and self confidence. It may also be helpful to take Biotin, although I'm not certain how that interacts with PD drugs.

Good luck! My neuro laughed at me at first for being concerned about it, because he has male pattern baldness. I let him know that it was important to me and he apologized.

Judith
Judith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote