View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update on our progress. My dad is amazing at 84 years old...he has never worked with tractors ( only slowly rode around a field at my brother's place in Ohio pulling a hay wagon a couple of times) Well, he figured out how to hook up the plow (after taking off a boom and then putting it back on again...we waisted a bit of time and muscle getting it all together properly. Then he was off to plow for the first time in his life. And he did a great job , too! The ground was perfect on Monday (not too wet or dry) and the soil is wonderful for planting the beans...Aunt Bean is really excited now! We made 4 foot beds (long rows) with about 3 to 4 foot grass walking areas in between. Disking, I am afraid , will not be as easy and a rough ride and I hope to find someone with experience to do that. I have sprouted 3 favas and one mucuna so far and will try a little hydophonic experiment with them this week. Time to make cold frames / hot beds to start some plants ...like mucuna / some herbs/ and vegies. Favas can be planted in March,(directly into the garden) much to do & time racing on...will keep you posted.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsippe (07-22-2012)